Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Regarding Comments and Random Thoughts

Just a quick note regarding comments on this blog:

For anyone who's submitted a comment that hasn't appeared on the blog itself, I apologize for that, but I've been trying to keep the comments central to the Zelda theme. There have been some comments that I've rejected just because they were random comments (a couple of my personal favorites were 'U r a verbose prick' and 'kewl man...I have to fart') and had no bearing on the discussions or Zelda itself. I'm really not big on having comments on the blog that are simply pimping out another blog, and don't have any relevance to the subject at hand (in this case, the Legend of Zelda games, obviously). Maybe it's because I'm new to the blogosphere and don't know how to play the game, but for me this practice just seems silly. Most likely I'm just cutting down the potential audience by not following that same thing myself, but it feels too much like shameless self-promotion for my liking. I also apologize to any of you who've submitted comments regarding review exchanges, but I'm not super interested in that for the same reason. Again, this clearly shows that I'm not into 'playing the game', and I hope everyone understands and isn't offended.

I had to get that off my chest, because it's happened quite a few times and I don't want anyone to get the wrong impression of why I post some comments and not others.

To more 'on-topic' discussions...As anyone can clearly see, I haven't had the time to directly respond to many of the comments on the blog lately. My wife and I are currently 'on vacation' (I've actually been working yesterday and today) away from our normal home, in a place where I don't have access to the Internet during my free time. I'm traveling an hour each way to an office I don't normally work from (my regular daily commute is only 15 minutes), and then endeavoring to spend quiet time relaxing with my lovely wife on a deck overlooking a lake...rough life, huh? While I'm not at work, I've been taking the opportunity to get away (as much as possible) from technology to recharge my batteries. You can expect a game update no later than Thursday of this week, as the normal flow of things are disrupted a bit by the Independence Day holiday here in the States, and the fact that the cottage I'm staying at has no Internet connection, so I'll have to search one out in the surrounding towns.

Another random thought of note: the more I read everyone's comments about Majora's Mask and how many of you want me to get all of the masks, the more I'm looking forward to that game. I played that game some when it first came out, stopped playing and then never picked it up again, not because I didn't enjoy it, but because I had other responsibilities at that time. I loved the 'Groundhog Day' vibe going on with the game, and how many of the masks are long quests in themselves hopefully will lend to interesting posts on completing them.

About Link to the Past: I'll be really sad when this game is completed, because the more I play, the more I realize why it holds such a place in my gaming heart. Nothing feels forced or out-of-place, everything just flows nicely. I can't get enough of the open-world feel of the game, and I love the items and tools you're given to complete your quest. Hopefully everyone else is enjoying it as much as I am...

Anyway, enough of my rambling. If you're in the US, have a great 4th of July (and if not, celebrate with us anyway...it's a great excuse to have fun!), and look for an update from me soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment